The Maharashtra State Consumer Commission has asked Coca Cola, one of the international fizzy drinks manufacturer, its bottler and distributor to pay Rs one lakh in damages to a consumer who found impurities in a bottle of soft drink that he had bought.
The district forum had found objects resembling pieces of mosquito repellent mats floating inside the sealed bottle. Having conducted the tests by a Public Health Laboratory, they found the drink unfit for human consumption.
The district forum came down heavily on the company saying multinational giants would not be allowed to have a free run and exploit a poor country like India by manufacturing and marketing sub-standard products.
The court relied on the historic Donald versus Stevenson case, where remains of a snail were found inside a newly bought Ginger Beer bottle.
Seems justice is definitely made at State Level, as just last month Relaince Infocomm was also pulled up for raising false bill.
Let’s hope for the best :thumb:
More trouble for the colas: