I have almost prepared the case. The facts basically include the harassment caused by SIFY. The same thing as Prashant had mentioned on http://sifybroadband.techwhack.com, they also forced me to format the computer in the beginning, though the speed was reduced delibrately by SIFY due to that additional condition.
Plus they had made false promises regarding speed at the time of installation.
Following is the list of relief, I am asking for in addition to compensation,… if you have some other additional point, please post it in comments…
1. To disclose the additional condition preferably as an advertisement in newspaper for the existing customers that the unlimited pack, is subject to additional condition. Plus also disclose: IP provided is unstatic.
2. To remove the word â€œBroadbandï¿½? from their service name. As it does not satisfy the definition of BroadBand laid down by Telephone Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI).
3. Plus, an injunction against SIFY from the use of word â€œSharedï¿½?, as they donâ€™t give a connection that is really shared throughout. And for any complaints they take shelter behind these words.
4. To review whether they can classify these packges, which are subject to conditions, as Unlimited.
5. To restrict them from implementing the new Client, wherein a person is forced to install MaCfee AntiVirus and uninstall any other already installed Antivirus.
6. The LCO must be fined and ordered to remove the UNLIMTED connections, provided by him to offices for commercial purposes, which is unnecessary burden for residential users, as their speed is shared.
7. They must be ordered to maintain a system in which they can provide a STATIC IP, else they must be held responsible under Section 66 of IT Act, 2000 and fined.
Point 7 explanation: Section 66 relates to Hacking of computers, which provides for fine upto 2 lacs or 3 yrs imprisonment, this has been included bacause there are lot of hacking attempts from SIFY network, which are detected by Firewall, but the culprit cannot be caught as IP is un-static.
Anybody, who is from Delhi can join in, and claim there compensation separately. It would help in making the case not only strong but also increase the chances of a win. Which, ofcourse, is what every SIFY customer is hoping for 🙂